I invite you to register for Wednesday’s webinar, hosted by the NBA IP Law Section. Registration is free for all IP Section members, and $30 for non-members.
IP Law Review – A Survey of Recent Developments in Patent, Trademark, and Trade Secret Law.
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Follow live tweet at #NBAIPLaw
- Tonya Evans (Widener University Commonwealth Law School) – Moderator
- Darrell Mottley (Banner Witcoff)
- Shontavia Johnson (Drake University Law School)
- Kevin Jordan (JP Morgan Chase)
Summary – Our panelists will discuss a variety of hot topics and recent developments in patent, trademark, and trade secret law, including:
- The internet of things as an emerging technology/industry, and related IP and regulatory issues
- Intersection between the First Amendment and Section 2(a) of the Lanham Act regarding registration of immoral, scandalous, or disparaging trademarks, including the impact of trademark cases
- Overview of trade secret law and its viability as an alternative means of IP protection
CLE Info: The NBA IP Law Section is looking into obtaining CLE accreditation in the following jurisdictions: CA, GA, IL, NY, TX, and VA. For questions regarding CLE accreditation, please contact Bill Barrow (wbarrow[at]mayerbrown.com).
Cost: This webinar is free for NBA IP Law Section members and costs $30 (plus processing fees) for non-members.