“Lawyers aren’t going away. But the way we work is changing.”
Today’s client and, more importantly tomorrow’s client, demands that lawyers keep pace with the #futureofwork in the #neweconomy. Here’s where I think we are and where we HAVE to go.
How do you foresee this directly impacting the legal industry?Asked by interviewer Adam Keirstead
Well, there’s a really interesting move in the legal industry to prepare lawyers to have conversations with technologists in the IT department and those who are coding to leverage the existing master contracts that we have in order to figure out ways that we can automate certain functions.
Essentially, there are master agreements underneath that lawyers do, and there’s coding the coders and IT specialists do. They need to be able to talk to each other. This is an area that’s ripe for innovation on the law side.
Lawyers won’t go away, but the way that lawyers are interacting with business people, and in terms of our advice and how we work with them is going to certainly change!
Read the full transcript and listen to the original podcast with Dean Tonya M. Evans here.
tune into the Tech Intersect Podcast with Tonya M. Evans
Tech Intersect #57: Ping The Prof #1-Digital Dollars, Dollar Cost Averaging, Dips & Tether's NYAG Deal – Tech Intersect™ with Tonya M. Evans
- Tech Intersect #57: Ping The Prof #1-Digital Dollars, Dollar Cost Averaging, Dips & Tether's NYAG Deal
- SPOTLIGHT Tech Intersect #56: Cleve Mesidor-Reflections on Juneteenth, Crypto and the Future of Financial Freedom Replay
- Tech Intersect #55: Invest Noir-Cigars, Crypto & Dollar Cost Averaging Your Way to Generational Wealth
- Tech Intersect #54: Hamza Khan-Recovering Over Achievers Talk Brilliance After Burnout and the Future of Everything
- Tech Intersect #53: Tavonia Evans-Leveraging Defi and Data for Economic Empowerment and Financial Inclusion