When I fell down the proverbial rabbit hole of the cryptocurrency and blockchain ecosystem, I had no idea I’d turn into part-expert, part-evangelist. But here I am. And because you found your way to this post, here you are too! So we are in great company.
Blockchain Education @ UNH Law
After spending the better part of every waking hour fully immersed in the space by writing, speaking and crafting a curriculum and program, we are starting to enjoy the fruits of our labor here at UNH Law in launching a host of innovative course offerings in partnership with iLaw Ventures (a BARBRI company).
Education about blockchain, cryptocurrencies and other crypto assets, is essential. This is especially true for entrepreneurs, law students, lawyers and business professionals, as the blockchain community continues to develop the infrastructure of Web 3.0.
Honored to be a part of the #blockchainedu build
Coindesk published a substantive article, written by Leigh Cuen, to highlight exclusive details about the UNH Law online certificate program. Cuen’s article also explored the state and, more importantly the future, of blockchain education, in general. Program details are noted below. But here is an excerpt from the article:
It’s not a bear market for everyone.
“A crypto winter for the price is a crypto summer for attorneys,” said Jason Civalleri, adjunct professor at the University of New Hampshire Law School. “As the price sinks, you have a lot of demand for legal services.”
That’s why UNH Law is rushing to offer a new certificate program in blockchain and cryptocurrency. As exclusively told to CoinDesk, over 100 students have expressed interest in the program, which will feature of slew of industry players as guest lecturers – including Hester Peirce of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Ethereum Foundation researcher Vlad Zamfir and MyCrypto CEO Taylor Monahan.
Read the full article: Lawyers Rush In: New UNH Blockchain Program Nabs Big-Name Speakers
About the BC&L Certificate Program
The UNH Law Blockchain Cryptocurrency & Law Certificate is delivered online asynchronously so students can progress on their own pace within a given semester. Students who successfully complete four required courses and one elective will receive a certificate of completion, which will be evidenced “on chain” as a portable micro-credential.
Additionally, we’ve confirmed dozens of world-class guest presenters, including SEC Commissioner Hester M. Peirce, Ethereum Foundation researcher Vlad Zamfir, professor and co-author of Blockchain and the Law: The Rule of Code Aaron Wright, CEO of MyCrypto.com Taylor Monahan, and CEO of Atlantic Financial and host of the Shatoshi Roundtable Bruce Fenton.
We know your time and money are valuable. So we offer maximum flexibility for both. Go at your own pace and take advantage of payment options. Find out how.
[More Info|flexible payment options]
- Blockchain and the Law Survey-required (Professor Evans)
- Tokenomics & Crypto Regulations-required (Samson Williams/Maureen Murat, Esq.)
- Blockchain, Data Security & Privacy-required (Jason Civalleri, JD, MBA)
Summer 2019 (tentative)
- CryptoEconomics & Blockchain Governance-required (Tom Doty, Esq.)
- Smart Cities—Blockchain, Law & Government-elective (Williams/Murat)
- Blockchain, Inclusion & Social Impact-elective (Lindsay L. Nuon)
- The Intersection of U.S. Regulations & Cryptocurrency-elective (Sasha Hodder, Esq.)
Fall 2019 (tentative)
- Blockchain and the Law Survey-required (Evans)
- Tokenomics & Crypto Regulations-required (Williams/Murat)
- Blockchain, Date Security & Privacy-required (Civalleri)
- Smart Cities & Emerging Markets-elective (Gabriel Abed/Alexia Kefthi, Esq.)
- 100% online (no residency required)
- Asynchronous courses (video lectures and coursework completed on your schedule)
- Complete in one year (or longer if you choose)
- Fall and spring starts (short courses 8-10 week modules)
- Industry-leading faculty and world-class guest presenters via video conference
[More Info|flexible payment options]