By thoroughly examining more than a dozen publishing industry contracts, this how-to guide answers the most common questions writers ask about publishing, agency, coauthoring, working-for-hire, and other agreements.
This reference breaks down the complex legalese in each contract and provides a clause-by-clause explanation of their contents. Commentary on negotiation points and the consequences related to the absence or presence of critical verbiage will help those—from the most seasoned author signing with a major publishing firm to an author who aspires to publish or is thinking of working with a collaborator on a project—who seek to demystify the process of signing important agreements operate from a more knowledgeable position.
Published by Legal Write Publications (978-0967457987). Buy now at Amazon.com.
On Thursday, August 8th, Professor Evans will present the popular Legal Matters that Matter teleclass to over 2000 members of the “Write Your Book in 30 Days” Challenge, created by Andrew Morrison and co-facilitated by Joy Farrington.
About The Legal Matters that Matter to Writers Teleclass
It is an informative and engaging presentation tailored specifically for writers and independent publishers who want straightforward, clear, and concise answers to the most common and pressing legal issues in the publishing industry. After attending this workshop you will understand:
- how copyright is created and protected
- what is considered a fair use in print and on the Internet
- what can and cannot be copyrighted
- how legally to refer to real people, places, and events in one’s own work
- the real deal about the myth of the Poor Man’s copyright
- the critical timing of when to register your work with the Copyright Office
- the most common contracts involved in securing, licensing and transferring copyright and other rights
- things to consider when you are sealing the deal
The workshop is based on the award-winning Literary Entrepreneur Series of books Literary Law Guide for Authors, Copyright Companion for Writers and Contracts Companion for Writers.
About “Write Your Book in 30 Days”!
The Write Your Book in 30 Day! Challenge was created by Andrew Morrison and is co-facilitated, Joy Farrington.
During the challenge (which happens several times each year), participants are encouraged to write a 70-100 pages book that will help them brand their brilliance. Andrew and Joy believe that a book is the new business card and share with participants how to use their book to:
- Build their brand
- Gain New Customers
- Build Trust with Potential Customers
- Attract Media Attention
- Build an Author Platform
- Becoming known as an Expert in their Industry
- Creating a Stream of Passive Income
Click here to participate in the challenge & this EXCLUSIVE teleseminar