Last updated: February 23, 2021
January 23, 2021
Podcast, Your First Million with Backstage Capital founder and Managing Partner, Arlan Hamilton. Join Arlan and Tonya Evans as they discuss ArlansAcademy.com and Tonya’s course ‘From Cash to Crypto’.
February 1, 2021
Guest, Cheddar TV Closing Bell: I join co-hosts Brad Smith and Nora Ali to kick off Black History Month to talk about economic empowerment and inclusion in the future of money (especially crypto) and the importance of fiscal literacy in the new digital cash economy. Tune in at 3:40 P ET. Watch the segment here.
Dickinson Law Community Conversation featuring Prof. Tonya Evans, Black History Month Kick-Off Event. 4:00 PM ET
The Community Conversation program series provides us with an opportunity to hear about a faculty member’s trajectory in life and work, the adversities overcome along the way, and their diverse experiences and perspectives. Through their journey we gain insights about them as well as wisdom for our own futures. Professor Tonya Evans will talk about her personal and professional “first/only” journey from the tennis courts to the court of law as well as the nontraditional path that prepared her for the joys of teaching, entrepreneurship and life-long learning.
February 10, 2021
Tammi Mac Late Show on FoxSoul. Join us at 8PM PT/11 PM ET for an all-star panel to discuss crypto basics and economic empowerment. Watch the full episode here (or click on the image below).
February 13, 2021
Guest Expert, WealthyU Purses and Portfolio Masterclass to present “Digital Currency The New Frontier”. Register here.
February 16, 2021
Moderator, Digital Currency and Inclusion: Leveling the Playing Field Roundtable. Diversity in Blockchain, Inc., has assembled a powerhouse blockchain panel to tackle lots of different topics, including digital currency, CBDC, and of course the topic of inclusion.
Please join us on February 16th at 5:00-6:00 PM EST to hear from panelists Ric Shreves (Mercy Corps), Sheila Warren (World Economic Forum), and Dante A. Disparte (Diem Association), moderated by Professor Tonya Evans (Dickinson Law). REGISTER
February 23, 2021
Speaker, Massachusetts CLE: Doing Business Online: Anticipating and managing evolving and unique challenges in the digital era. For more information, click here.
February 26, 2021
Presenter , Pepperdine Law Review Symposium: Hindsight is 2020: A Look at Unresolved Issues in Music Copyright. I present a work-in-progress on the Empowering Artists of Color: The Intersection of Music Rights, Race, and Technology Panel.
March 2, 2021
Podcast, Your First Million with Backstage Capital founder and Managing Partner, Arlan Hamilton. “NFTs: Everything you were afraid to ask & more!“
Tammi Mac Late Show on FoxSoul. An all-star panel to discuss crypto basics and economic empowerment. Watch LIVE and replay at FoxSoul.tv.
March 3-5, 2021
National Briefing of Women of Color in Blockchain: “Small Business is the Engine of the Cryptoeconomy”
March 18, 2021
Clubhouse Room: NFTs Legal 101, hosted by CADAF. https://www.joinclubhouse.com/event/xe6jgyeY
March 23, 2021
Podcast, Decrypt Daily Podcast: NFTs and the Law: What is Legal in the NFT Space?, hosted by Matthew Diemer
March 30, 2021
Sportico Collectibles 2.0 Webinar: NFTS + Law with Dave Rodman, Esq. [replay link]
Unchained Podcast with host, Laura Shin
The Late Afternoon Show Live with Tim Olaore (7:30 PM ET)
April 1, 2021
Caribbean Blockchain Alliance Fireside Chat re: An Overview of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) with Steve Wand (Digitible and GameCredits)
April 7, 2021
Diversity Reboot 2021: Elevating Black Women Register: http://bit.ly/diversityreboot2021
April 9, 2021
Race & IP Conference, hosted by Florida A&M University College of Law
May 6, 2021 Ethereal Virtual Summit
May 7, 2021 HUE Tech Summit
June 21-25, 2021 Lesbians Who Tech (Virtual-to be confirmed)
PAST SPEAKING HIGHLIGHTS
February 27, 2020
Panelist, 2nd Annual Microsoft Tech Summit, “The ABCs of Data” at Howard University School of Law (Washington, DC)
June 25, 2020
Speaker, Lesbians Who Tech Virtual Pride Summit. Professor Evans presents “Leveraging the Intersections of Law, Business & Tech to Prepare for the Future of Work”.
July 27, 2020
Panelist, ETH AT 5 (#Eth5): 🦄 Peace, Love and Unicorns: The Culture of Ethereum
The Ethereum community definitely broke away from the libertarian-leaning bitcoin culture and created something unique. This cryptocurrency inspires projects with more of a flower child vibe than its predecessor. Join us for a discussion about how this more freewheeling and social approach to software development made Ethereum what it is today. And stay for fun memories from a panel of veteran Ethereans.
Session Time: 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Agenda: https://events.bizzabo.com/231143/agenda
July 29, 2020
Speaker, Black Women in Science & Engineering (BWISE) presents “Reskilling for a Web 3.0 World: How to Leverage Your Current Expertise for the Future of Work”. Registration reached capacity more than a week before this event. Click here to register for the waiting list, should space become available.
September 17-18, 2020
Moderator, Blockchain Central, United Nations General Assembly session ““Driving Equity and Quality in Education” (focused on Sustainable Development Goal 4: Quality Education).
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Speaker, North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) Fintech and Cybersecurity Symposium: Regulating Remotely: Cyber Challenges During a Challenging Time Panel
February 28, 2019
- “The Art of the Startup“, sponsored by StartOut-Boston, which connects and educates LGBTQ entrepreneurs to empower great leaders and businesses. Register now (6:00-9:30, for panel and networking opportunity).
- Organizer and Speaker, South by Southwest EDU (Austin, TX): Educating Educators about Blockchain
- Organizer and Speaker, South by Southwest (Austin, TX): IP, Brand and Blockchain: Business on the Block
March 28, 2019
- Panelist, Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal Spring 2019 Symposium: Digital Art. Professor Evans will join a panel that explores and critiques how blockchain art and digital collectibles have changed art law (essay that extends her work in Cryptokitties, Cryptography and Copyright to follow).
April 5-6, 2019
- Panelist, Seton Hall University Law School’s Institute for Privacy Protection Spring Conference, Privacy Power, & Ethics. Professor Evans will present “Public Records, Privacy & Security on the Blockchain: Ethical Considerations of Web 3.0”.
April 12, 2019
- Moderator & Panelist, Howard University School of Law Sesquicentennial to commemorate 150 years of “Leading the Fight for Social Justice”. Panel: Howard Law Outside the Law.
April 24-25, 2019
- Nominee, Enterprise Blockchain “Ecosystem Leadership” Award (Toronto, Canada). Honoring the foremost thinkers, leaders, and builders in enterprise blockchain technology, the Enterprise Blockchain Awards (EBA) has unveiled its shortlist in four categories. Professor Evans on her category and was presented her award at the EBA Gala Dinner on April 24th in Toronto, which assembled the brightest and best of the international community to celebrate both their collective achievements and future opportunities.
May 3, 2019
- Speaker, HUE Tech Summit (Phila. PA). In keeping with the HUE “No More Hidden Figures” mantra, the 2019 theme for the summit is one word: FORTITUDE.
June 14, 2019
- Presenter, Lesbians Who Tech & Allies Boston Leadership Forum Roadshow. Professor Evans will present on intellectual property issues in the blockchain space. In partnership with Google, this summer LWT is hosting Leadership Forums in Austin, Boston and Seattle for LGBTQ women, trans and gender nonconforming individuals, LGBTQ people of color, and demographics that are underrepresented in the tech sector and LGBTQ spaces.The Leadership Forums are invite-only and bring together accomplished local leaders for an intimate conference focused on both technology trends and focuses on a more curated experience for mid-level and executive members.
September 30, 2019
- Speaker, Voice of Blockchain (Chicago, IL)
October 8-9, 2019
- Speaker, IBM Cloud & Cognitive Innovation Forum (VIP C-Suite attendees, invitation only) (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA)
October 27-30, 2019
- Speaker, “Use of Works in the Digital Era” at the ASIPI Conference (Lima, Peru)
December 3, 2019
Presenter, Practising Law Institute (PLI): Patenting Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies 2019