February 1, 2022
Guest, Newsy primetime news program “The Why” with Tatevik Aprikyan. The segment will take a deep dive into creative and collectible NFTs, what makes them different from other copyrighted works and how creatives and collectors can protect their work.
February 9, 2022
Guest, The Decoder Show. Decoder (a show from The Verge) is about big ideas — and other problems. Verge editor-in-chief, Nilay Pate,l talks to a diverse cast of innovators and policymakers at the frontiers of business and technology to reveal how they’re navigating an ever-changing landscape, what keeps them up at night, and what it all means for our shared future. Tune in here.
March 5-9, 2022
Forbes 30/50 Summit to celebrate international women’s day in Abu Dhabi.
March 13, 2022- SXSW-Austin, TX (virtual)
March 17, 2022
Keynote, Washington Heads of Office Leadership Council meeting
March 25, 2022 – American University Washington College of Law (virtual)
Keynote, Program on Information Justice & Intellectual Property
March 26-27, 2022 – Boston
Speaker, Harvard Blockchain Conference.
March 31, 2022 – Atlanta
Speaker, ABA Business Law Section Meeting.
April 1, 2022-Paris
Panelist, Paris Arbitration Week
April 26, 2022-NY
Panelist, Licensing Executives Society (LES)-NY
April 8, 2022-PBS NewsHour (click on image for replay)
May 18, 2022: Senator Cory Booker Virtual Assets Roundtable with Black and LatinX Industry Leaders
Professor Evans joins Cleve Mesidor (Blockchain Association) and Professor Chris Brummer (Georgetown Law) and other blockchain industry leaders in a roundtable discussion about crypto, defi and economic empowerment in the future of money and wealth.
PAST SPEAKING HIGHLIGHTS
February 1, 2021
Guest, Cheddar TV Closing Bell: On this Black History Month special, Prof. Evans joins host Brad Smith to talk about economic empowerment and inclusion in the future of money (especially crypto) and the importance of fiscal literacy in the new digital cash economy. Watch the segment here.
February 10, 2021
Tammi Mac Late Show on FoxSoul. Panel to discuss crypto basics and economic empowerment. Watch the full episode here (or click on the image below).
March 2, 2021
Podcast, Your First Million with Backstage Capital founder and Managing Partner, Arlan Hamilton. “NFTs: Everything you were afraid to ask & more!“
March 30, 2021
Sportico Collectibles 2.0 Webinar: NFTS + Law with Dave Rodman, Esq. [replay link]
Unchained Podcast with host, Laura Shin
The Late Afternoon Show Live with Tim Olaore (7:30 PM ET)
May 6, 2021 Ethereal Virtual Summit
May 7, 2021 Bloomberg TV’s What’s You Miss
DeFi Summit June 14-18, 2021
Panelist, “Are NFTs Legal? The world of NFT copyright and ownership issues. – NFT Day – DeFi Summit 2021”.
June 24, 2021 Black Future: Celebrating Black Wall Street, Juneteenth, Crypto & Economic Empowerment
Brought to you by the Chamber of Digital Commerce and our partners at Crypto for Black Economic Empowerment (CBEE)
July 14-15, 2021: 2-day (virtual) expert meeting on blockchain technologies
Led by the Computer Science and Telecommunications Board of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine on behalf of the U.S. Government Accountability Office (“GAO”), a nonpartisan legislative branch agency that advises Congress.
July 19, 2021 House Democratic Policy Committee hearing: Preparing PA for a digital future
State Rep. Napoleon Nelson will host a House Democratic Policy Committee hearing to discuss Blockchain and Cryptocurrency and preparing Pennsylvania for a digital future.
Sept. 15: American Bar Association Blockchain and Digital Currency Institute
Presenter, What the Future Holds for NFTs panel. More information.
Oct. 12, 2021: Fireside Chat with PA Rep. Napoleon Nelson, Chair of the Emerging Technologies Caucus
October 19, 2021: The Only One in the Room Podcast with Laura Cathcart Robbins
Oct 29, 2021: Cheddar TV: “Wake Up with Cheddar“
Live-on screen to discuss the DOGE v. SHIBA sensation. Wake Up with Cheddar is Cheddar’s morning business news show spotlighting the day’s investing, technology, and media headlines and everything that’s trending in the business world.
Nov 4, 2021: Finurah Wealth Conference
Nov 5, 2021: Bloomberg Financial Innovation Summit
December 9, 2021: Revolt.tv Black News with Eboni K. Williams, Esq.
February 27, 2020
Panelist, 2nd Annual Microsoft Tech Summit, “The ABCs of Data” at Howard University School of Law (Washington, DC)
June 25, 2020
Speaker, Lesbians Who Tech Virtual Pride Summit. Professor Evans presents “Leveraging the Intersections of Law, Business & Tech to Prepare for the Future of Work”.
July 27, 2020
Panelist, ETH AT 5 (#Eth5): 🦄 Peace, Love and Unicorns: The Culture of Ethereum
A discussion about how this more freewheeling and social approach to software development made Ethereum what it is today. And stay for fun memories from a panel of veteran Ethereans. Agenda: https://events.bizzabo.com/231143/agenda
September 17-18, 2020
Moderator, Blockchain Central, United Nations General Assembly session ““Driving Equity and Quality in Education” (focused on Sustainable Development Goal 4: Quality Education).
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Speaker, North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) Fintech and Cybersecurity Symposium: Regulating Remotely: Cyber Challenges During a Challenging Time Panel
February 28, 2019
- “The Art of the Startup“, sponsored by StartOut-Boston, which connects and educates LGBTQ entrepreneurs to empower great leaders and businesses. Register now (6:00-9:30, for panel and networking opportunity).
- Speaker, South by Southwest EDU (Austin, TX): Educating Educators about Blockchain
- Speaker, South by Southwest (Austin, TX): IP, Brand and Blockchain: Business on the Block
March 28, 2019
- Panelist, Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal Spring 2019 Symposium: Digital Art. Professor Evans will join a panel that explores and critiques how blockchain art and digital collectibles have changed art law (essay that extends her work in Cryptokitties, Cryptography and Copyright to follow).
April 5-6, 2019
- Panelist, Seton Hall University Law School’s Institute for Privacy Protection Spring Conference, Privacy Power, & Ethics. Professor Evans will present “Public Records, Privacy & Security on the Blockchain: Ethical Considerations of Web 3.0”.
April 12, 2019
- Moderator & Panelist, Howard University School of Law Sesquicentennial to commemorate 150 years of “Leading the Fight for Social Justice”. Panel: Howard Law Outside the Law.
April 24-25, 2019
- Award Recipient, Enterprise Blockchain “Ecosystem Leadership” Award (Toronto, Canada). Honoring the foremost thinkers, leaders, and builders in enterprise blockchain technology, the Enterprise Blockchain Awards (EBA) has unveiled its shortlist in four categories. Professor Evans on her category and was presented her award at the EBA Gala Dinner on April 24th in Toronto, which assembled the brightest and best of the international community to celebrate both their collective achievements and future opportunities.
May 3, 2019
- Speaker, HUE Tech Summit (Phila. PA). In keeping with the HUE “No More Hidden Figures” mantra, the 2019 theme for the summit is one word: FORTITUDE.
June 14, 2019
- Presenter, Lesbians Who Tech & Allies Boston Leadership Forum Roadshow. Professor Evans will present on intellectual property issues in the blockchain space.
October 8-9, 2019
- Speaker, IBM Cloud & Cognitive Innovation Forum (VIP C-Suite attendees, invitation only) (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA)
October 27-30, 2019
- Speaker, “Use of Works in the Digital Era” at the ASIPI Conference (Lima, Peru)
December 3, 2019
Presenter, Practising Law Institute (PLI): Patenting Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies 2019