Last updated: February 18, 2020
February 20, 2020
Keynote, “Leveraging Technology to Prepare Professionals and Lawyers for the New Collar Economy”, University of Denver Sturm College of Law (Denver, CO)
February 24, 2020
Keynote, University of Connecticut School of Law Black History Month presentation. “Securing Your Seat at the Table as a Woman of Color in IP Law” (Hartford, CT)
February 27, 2020
Panelist, 2nd Annual Microsoft Tech Summit, “The ABCs of Data” at Howard University School of Law (Washington, DC)
March 13-22, 2020
Speaker, South by Southwest (SxSW) (Austin, TX)
- Tweeting While Black: You in Danger, Girl … (with Shontavia Johnson (Founder/CEO of LVRG and The Shontavia Show), Tressie McMillam Cottom (professor and author critically acclaimed THICK), and Professor Carliss Chatman)
- Elect Tech 2020 (with Shontavia J. Johnson, Founder/CEO of LVRG and The Shontavia Show)
April 9, 2020
Speaker, Blockchain Impact: An Interim Assessment of Blockchain Impact on Business and Law, hosted by the Indiana University McKinney School of Law, Center for Intellectual Property & Innovation (Indianapolis, IN)
April 24, 2020
Panelist, The Evolving Music Ecosystem, hosted by the Center for the Protection of Intellectual Property (CPIP) at Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University, invites you to a music law conference (Arlington, VA)
PAST SPEAKING HIGHLIGHTS
February 28, 2019
- “The Art of the Startup“, sponsored by StartOut-Boston, which connects and educates LGBTQ entrepreneurs to empower great leaders and businesses. Register now (6:00-9:30, for panel and networking opportunity).
- Organizer and Speaker, South by Southwest EDU (Austin, TX): Educating Educators about Blockchain
- Organizer and Speaker, South by Southwest (Austin, TX): IP, Brand and Blockchain: Business on the Block
March 28, 2019
- Panelist, Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal Spring 2019 Symposium: Digital Art. Professor Evans will join a panel that explores and critiques how blockchain art and digital collectibles have changed art law (essay that extends her work in Cryptokitties, Cryptography and Copyright to follow).
April 5-6, 2019
- Panelist, Seton Hall University Law School’s Institute for Privacy Protection Spring Conference, Privacy Power, & Ethics. Professor Evans will present “Public Records, Privacy & Security on the Blockchain: Ethical Considerations of Web 3.0”.
April 12, 2019
- Moderator & Panelist, Howard University School of Law Sesquicentennial to commemorate 150 years of “Leading the Fight for Social Justice”. Panel: Howard Law Outside the Law.
April 24-25, 2019
- Nominee, Enterprise Blockchain “Ecosystem Leadership” Award (Toronto, Canada). Honoring the foremost thinkers, leaders, and builders in enterprise blockchain technology, the Enterprise Blockchain Awards (EBA) has unveiled its shortlist in four categories. Professor Evans on her category and was presented her award at the EBA Gala Dinner on April 24th in Toronto, which assembled the brightest and best of the international community to celebrate both their collective achievements and future opportunities.
May 3, 2019
- Speaker, HUE Tech Summit (Phila. PA). In keeping with the HUE “No More Hidden Figures” mantra, the 2019 theme for the summit is one word: FORTITUDE.
June 14, 2019
- Presenter, Lesbians Who Tech & Allies Boston Leadership Forum Roadshow. Professor Evans will present on intellectual property issues in the blockchain space. In partnership with Google, this summer LWT is hosting Leadership Forums in Austin, Boston and Seattle for LGBTQ women, trans and gender nonconforming individuals, LGBTQ people of color, and demographics that are underrepresented in the tech sector and LGBTQ spaces.The Leadership Forums are invite-only and bring together accomplished local leaders for an intimate conference focused on both technology trends and focuses on a more curated experience for mid-level and executive members.
September 30, 2019
- Speaker, Voice of Blockchain (Chicago, IL)
October 8-9, 2019
- Speaker, IBM Cloud & Cognitive Innovation Forum (VIP C-Suite attendees, invitation only) (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA)
October 27-30, 2019
- Speaker, “Use of Works in the Digital Era” at the ASIPI Conference (Lima, Peru)
December 3, 2019
Presenter, Practising Law Institute (PLI): Patenting Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies 2019