Work/Life Balance Plenary Panel
Turning Passion into Pay
| Tonya M. Evans @IPProfEvans |
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, UNH Franklin Pierce School of Law
Channeling Your Inner Intrapreneur
Resources for “Intrapreneurship”, Creativity, and Innovation within your Organization:
The Real Definition of Entrepreneur and Why it Matters by Brett Nelson
Dictionary.com has it right: Entrepreneurs, in the purest sense, are those who identify a need—any need—and fill it. It’s a primordial urge, independent of product, service, industry or market.
Four Definitions for the Intrapreneur by Gifford Pinchot
- Employees who do for corporate innovation what an entrepreneur does for her start-up.
- Dreamers that do.
- Self-appointed general managers of a new idea.
- Drivers of change to make business a force for good.
TME TIP: These definitions focus primarily on innovating for your company/institution and they do two things. These characteristics create value within and also opportunities beyond your primary employer.
How to Be an Entrepreneur While Working for an Organization by Serenity Gibbons
- Create disruption
- Develop a personal brand
- Run with that intuition
- Find a passion
- Stay inquisitive
Recognize Intrapreneurs by Vijay Govindarajan and Jatin Desai
- Pattern #1: Money Is Not the Measurement
- Pattern #2: Strategic Scanning
- Pattern #3: Greenhousing
- Pattern #4: Visual Thinking
- Pattern #5: Pivoting
- Pattern #6: Authenticity and Integrity